Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday's Child

For many, Saturday morning presents the opportunity to sleep in. After a particularly trying and long week at work, I desired to join that group, hoping to convince my body not to automatically wake me as it usually does just before the alarm goes off.

The cat, however, had other ideas. Her sure-fire process for waking me up usually starts with a faint meow. Sometimes a few pets will distract her and allow me to sleep a bit more. After the meow comes the licking the hand. I have learned to avoid that by keeping my hand under the covers, which seemed to confuse her for quite some time. Snoring again, she now brings out the big guns: the large cat purring face about two inches from my eye. You haven't really lived until you open your eye and your entire field of vision is filled by a cat head.

Okay, I'm up. The cat wants out, then wants to be fed. Coffee brewing. The quiet of the morning. Overcast skies, drops of rain. Listening to podcasts. Making some notes for a class I am taking.

The stress of the week melts away. Saturday is truly a day to relax, recharge and replenish the mental and emotional reserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment