Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm So Tired

It's been said that writing is hard, that ideas are difficult to come by, that making it all come together is illusive.  Writing is simple; starting may be the most difficult thing, but once you are past the first few words it flows like a broken sprinkler pipe.  Ideas, as Rod Serling once said, “...are born from what is smelled, heard, seen, experienced, felt, emotionalized.”  Putting it together can be tedious, but good things come to those who wait.

I picked up a norovirus or something similar last week and sufferred through the fever/bed/bathroom cycle for a few days.  Once it finally left my body it took another two days before I was able to go back to work.  I am still feeling the ill effects of whatever coursed through my veins.  I tried to complete some light house painting today; what should have been an easy job got the better of me after about three hours.

Writing isn't hard.  Being sick is hard.  Not feeling well is hard.  Being tired all the time with joints that hurt is hard.  And while most of us think we understand what it feels like to struggle through another day when we feel under the weather, we really don't.

Understanding is the key.  May my experiences, however small and limited they be, help me to remember we all have our burdens to carry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment